Enlightened Liberty

In 1886, U.S. President, Grover Cleveland, ordered that one of our statues serve as a lighthouse.  This statue was also the tallest iron structure erected as of that date. The electric lights were seen 24 miles away. The statue functioned as a lighthouse for the next 16 years, until March 1, 1902. The original name was, Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World. … Continue reading Enlightened Liberty